Monday, November 27, 2006

Sirius is seriously cool!

My Christmas present from my husband this year is a Sirius satellite radio. I'm still having some issues getting it to tune without static, but so far I love it! It's amazing, but before hooking up this radio, I had no problem finding stations with static in my area...all of a sudden I've got stations coming through on practically every channel. Yikes!

I highly recommend this as a present for the commuter in your life...now I just gotta get an iPod for when I start taking the bus (when the snow starts to fly).

A word about me and technology - I am not an early adopter. I still remember the beta format for movies and how that fizzled and I'm slightly (but healthily) paranoid about buying any technology too quickly. My personal philosophy is, give it a year or two...the price will drop dramatically and you'll be able to tell if it's going to stick around long enough to invest in or not.

4 comments:

darkchocolatedachshunds said...

I got an XM radio last Christmas. What is it with husbands giving a satellite radio for christmas??

Dava

Shooter said...

Sirius is the best! I bought a unit for my xterra last year and have never turned the dial to conventional radio. I am a Howard Stern fan so that was the main reason to get Sirius. But even without Howard, you can't beat the music selection and sports coverage. I think it is worth every penny and then some.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I think it was so thoughtful of your husband to buy you such a "Gift".
He knows what you truly like and knows your needs and why you needed the Satellite Radio.
Congratulations Rob.....your truly on the right track to pleasing your wife with that type of gift.
SHE THINKS ELECTRONIC......and IS VERY SMART INDEED WITH HER INTERESTS IN COMPUTERS!
You must think for yourself Rob and not let anyone else decide what is best as a gift for the wife....for YOU are the one to please her.....not the thoughts of what others would want her to have.
SHE IS TRULY WIRED UP......Stay positive in the NEW YEAR!
Drive Carefully, Cindy!
I Love You both.......

John said...
This comment has been removed by the author.